My new favorite oats recipe until further notice! It is such a yummy and unique recipe. I got the recipe Inspiration from a reel on Instagram, and I decided to have my take on it. So, I changed a few things from the recipe. One of the things I changed is how I got my oats mixture crunchy. In my case, I found that the pan alone could not achieve that. When the heat is high, it burns the mix, and If it is too low, it takes forever. So I used an air fryer after cooking the pan mixture. It is the solution to most of my problems. So, let us get into the recipe:
- One cup of rolled oats
- One egg
- One ripe banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- olive oil
- pistachio nuts
- plain yogurt
- chia seeds
- Prepare the ingredients for the crunchy mix, starting with smashing the banana in a bowl using a fork. If you do not have a ripe banana, you can microwave the banana for 2 minutes and then smash it afterward.
- Add the mashed banana, oats, and egg to a bowl and mix.
- Add oil to a pan and let heat. Add the oats to the pan and cook until the mixture forms shape and becomes a bit lumpy. Then remove from the pan, add to the air fryer, and cook it on max temp for about 15 minutes. Keep checking on the oats in the air fryer to ensure it doesn't burn. Depending on your air fryer, it might cook faster than that or slower.
- Remove the crunchy and golden brown oats from the air fryer and let cool.
- It's time to plate everything. Add the cooled oats into a bowl.
- Mix the chia seeds into the yogurt and add to the oats in the bowl.
- then add your fresh blueberries and strawberries
- then add your crushed pistachio nuts
- Mix the peanut butter and oil into a bowl until you get a runny consistency of the peanut butter. Drizzle this onto the oat bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!