Overview:Indulge in a delectable, creamy tomato and olive spaghetti, a culinary delight that's a breeze to whip up for one serving. This dish combines the richness of Italian flavors with the comfort of creamy sauce, making it an ideal choice for a quick and satisfying meal.
Ingredients:- 125 g Spaghetti
- 1 Red Onion, finely diced
- 15 ml White Wine
- 10 ml Tomato Paste
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 2.5 ml Dried Chilli Flakes
- 5 ml NOMU Italian Rub
- 80 g Baby Tomatoes, quartered
- 125 ml Tomato Passata
- 4g Fresh Oregano, roughly chopped
- 50 g Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 30 ml Crème Fraîche
- Cooking Oil (olive or coconut)
- Salt & Pepper
- Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the spaghetti until it's al dente, typically around 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta, but make sure to reserve a cup of the pasta water. Return the drained spaghetti to the pot and toss it with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, fry the finely diced onion until it turns golden, which should take about 4-5 minutes, occasionally shifting it. Pour in the white wine and simmer until it's almost completely evaporated, which should take around 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, grated garlic, chili flakes (adjust to your spice preference), and the NOMU Italian Rub. Fry these aromatic ingredients until they become fragrant, typically for 1-2 minutes while constantly shifting. Toss in the quartered baby tomatoes and fry them until they start to soften, approximately 2-4 minutes, occasionally shifting.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, mix in the tomato passata, half of the chopped oregano, the halved olives, 30ml of water, and a sweetener of your choice. Simmer the sauce until it slightly reduces and thickens, typically for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reached the desired consistency, stir in half of the crème fraîche. If the sauce appears too thick for your liking, add a splash of the reserved pasta water. Toss the cooked pasta into the creamy tomato and olive sauce, ensuring it's well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.