Plant-based soulful food at its best. If you are vegan, just omit the cheese added at the end. I have inserted the links to purchase some of the none-common ingredients. You can replace the umami dust seasoning with salt.
- 1 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 2 punnets of cherry tomato (250g each)- pureed
- 2 punnets portobello mushrooms
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Umami dust seasoning and ground pepper to taste
- 1 packet of Gnocchi Italian potato dumplings (400 g)
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and brown whole mushrooms.
- Pour in wine to the browned mushrooms and reduce liquid by half by letting the mushroom simmer on medium heat.
- Add seasoning, ground pepper and garlic to taste
- Add pureed tomatoes
- simmer for a few minutes, then check seasoning. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Toss gnocchi through mushroom sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Dot with mozzarella and bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden
- Serve topped with basil