A great snack if you love Jalapeños. It is ideal for a low-carb diet or kept lifestyle. I find it very filling and flavorsome. But, I must say, fresh jalapeño is not something you find in any store. Woolworths is the only commercial retail I have seen sell fresh Jalapenos. The price is also a bargain for Woolworths standard, R20 rand! Did I also mention that these are oil-free compared to the traditionally deep-fried jalapeno poppers? Anyways, let us get into the recipe.
- 175 g sour cream and chives
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Six fresh jalapeño poppers (depending on the size of the jalapeno)
- 2 or 3 strings of chopped spring onions
- salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cut your jalapeno poppers into half and deseed it and hallow out the jalapeno halves.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the sour cream, garlic, cheddar cheese, spring onion, and salt and pepper into one bowl.
- Stuff the hallow half jalapeno peppers with the stuffing & coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place stuffed jalapeno poppers into the air fryer, ensuring everything is well-spaced.
- Air fry for no more than 10 minutes at 180 degrees, or you will run the risk of having soggy jalapeno poppers that you won't be able to hold. However, make sure the top of the breadcrumbs turns golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!