Chickpea vegan curry! Everyone loves a chickpea curry and with thank God for coconut cream as it makes it possible to my dairy free curries! This will be my new weekly favourite when winter hits. Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of sundried tomato pesto
- 2 cans of chickpea
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1 can of coconut cream
- a bunch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp smoked paptrika
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp eleven in one masala
- 3 fresh red chilies finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Optional extras : These ingredients can be in addition to chickpeas to bulk the curry even more or used in place of some of the chickpeas.
- 2 cups Sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3-4 cups Kale/Spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook gently, stirring regularly, until the onions start to soften and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the spices and cook until the pan is dry.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, sun-dried tomato pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then add the drained chickpeas. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes until the chickpeas are soft and creamy. Do not close the pan with a lid, we also want evaporation of water to thicken the curry.
- Add the chopped cilantro and adjust seasoning then serve with rice or your side. Recommended rice is Jasmin, basmatic or brown rice.