This is a plant-based version of 'pulled pork' using mushrooms. It's quick to make and very delicious! You can even use boa buns instead of Portuguese buns. Here is the recipe below; otherwise, check out the recipe video at the end of the recipe.
- 300 g of exotic mushrooms (mixture of shiitake, oyster mushrooms & shimeji mushrooms)
- Oil for stir fry
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp of Jimmy's Sauces Steakhouse Marinade
- Portuguese buns
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage
- handful of kale
- One tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey and mustard
- Shred exotic mushroom using a fork such that it resembles 'pulled pork.'
- add oil to a frying pan and add the mushrooms. Stir fry for about 5 minutes,
- add all your seasoning, and stir fry some more. Then add the source.
- Taste, and if happy, remove from heat.
- Chop the red cabbage and kale finely.
- Add the Mayonnaise & mustard into a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the kale, cabbage, and mayo -mustard mixture together from a slow
- Cut the bun in half and fill with the mushrooms and coleslaw.