I was one of those people who grew up not knowing that olives exist. I was first introduced to olives in varsity or when I started working. Initially, I didn't like them. However, after this recipe, I became a fan! How you are introduced to olives determines whether you want them, and this recipe will convert anyone! This recipe is gluten-free and vegan-friendly as well.
- 400 ml jar of Kalamata olives
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tsp capers
- 1 tsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp fresh or dry thyme
- 1-2 tsp olive oil.
- Food processor or blender
- Remove the pits out of the olive and add to the food processor.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil, and process, make sure some texture remains(you don't want your tapenade to be a puree).
- With the food processor speed on low, slowly drizzle in 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil until your tapenade holds together. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and mix well.
- Transfer your tapenade to a serving bowl and allow it to sit for approximately 30 minutes in the refrigerator, allowing the flavors to develop further.
- Serve with toasted French loaf with finely chopped fried mushrooms.