A delightful soup to have, especially if you are a potato lover. It is vegan-friendly and packed with good nutrition and fats.
- Three medium potatoes
- 1.25 liters of water or vegetable broth
- One can of coconut cream
- 1/2 a bunch of kale
- 1 tsp of grated/ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place them in a large pan. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil, and simmer with a lid on for about 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. You can also use a pressure cooker.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl, reserving the water in which you cooked them. Mash them until smooth, adding the cream or milk. You can also do this step in a blender.
- Wash and chop the kale finely.
- Add the mashed potatoes to a pan with the cooking water, and add the chopped kale, nutmeg, and crushed garlic. Stir well, bring to a low boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more water or milk if the soup appears too thick.
- Serve and enjoy!