I love this recipe because you can do much more with it, and it is so filling and nourishing. This recipe burst with a flavor that complements the natural taste of the ingredients used in this recipe. This recipe is also vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, and pescatarian-friendly.
- Cauliflower rice (or whole cauliflower that you can rice yourself)
- 1/2 the juice of a lime
- The zest of one lime
- salt to taste
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- One avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- One tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- finely diced red onion (you can add as much or as little as you want)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fresh garlic
Rest of the ingredients
- One can of sweet corn
- Two medium tomatoes diced
- 1 Fresh jalapeño
- 1 cup of black or red kidney beans
- finely diced red onion
- smoked paprika
- chipotle spice or paste
- coconut oil for cooking
I used the below chipotle and adobo paste for this recipes which i got from wellness warehouse. Its so strange how something like chipotle spice is not readily available on shelfs here in South Africa.
- Cook the cauliflower according to the pack instructions
- Add salt and black pepper to taste once the cauliflower rice is cooked
- Add the zest and lime juice and cook for another few minutes
- Add the chopped cilantro & stir fry for 3 minutes, then remove the pan from the stove
- Set aside the cauliflower rice until we are ready to build our bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to one bowl and mash it up. It's that simple.
Rest of the bowl
- Prepare the sweet corn by stir-frying it and adding the smoked paprika and chipotle paste. Mix it all well and remove it from the stove.
- Chop up the tomatoes into dice and add the chopped-up jalapeño, salt, and red onions to it. Then you are done.
- If you are not using canned beans, prepare your beans and season with salt.
- Now it's time to assemble the bowl. First, add the cauliflower rice as the base, then the beans, then the tomato salsa, top everything off with guacamole. Enjoy!