The difference between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl is the consistency. How thick or thin the smoothie is. A smoothie bowl is meant to be thicker in consistency compared to a smoothie which is more runny.
The nice thing about smoothie bowls is that you can add extra texture using fruits, nuts etc. It’s also a great substitute for ice cream on hot days.
- 1/2 cup ‑ you don’t want to add too much milk cause then you will turn it into a smoothie.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries/blackberries
- Granola ‑ this is for garnishment (toppings) but I add some at the bottom of the smoothie bowl at times to make this bowl more filling.
- Fresh fruit‑ this is also for garnishing. I used strawberries.
- Chia seeds‑ you can even use flex seeds, or hemp seeds or even nuts if you want.
Note that you will need a high quality blender to make smooth smoothies bowls . Jar blenders are better at making smoothie bowls compared to blenders like nutribillet.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend
- Add mixture to a bowl and garnish.